Thursday, July 7, 2011

giant luminaries . .

 These giant luminaries are so easy and really cool.

 I bought a lighting panel from Lowes for about $6,

 it's really just a big piece of flexible plastic.

 I picked up some industrial strength Velcro,

 cut it into strips,

stuck them along one side.

 then put the edges together making a circle.

A little battery operated LED lamp worked perfectly,

 I placed it into the center. 

You can use them indoors,

 or outdoors, either way they are a really modern and hip lighting solution.

** The best part is you can undo the Velcro and store them completely flat.  Super cool and super easy.

3 comments:

Erika and Bryan said...

That is so cool... I love it.

Katrina said...

What about cutting the plastic? Can I make big and little ones?
Something to think about for a Tangled themed party ;)

Jann Olson said...

I have no idea where you come up with these. Very clever, I would have never thought of it. Love it! Might be something Sam would like for the big day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...