Wednesday, July 27, 2011

3D photo display . . .

Framing a photo is not the only way to display a great picture.  This project adds dimension to your favorite memories.

 I started with 6"x6" foam core.  It can be purchased at the craft store and the framing department can cut it to size.  
*for a less expensive option the dollar store sells a thinner version in a poster size, you can double it up and use a ruler and x-acto knife to cut it yourself

 I used this fun picture of my cousin Samantha's son, Jack.

I traced around the square in the first corner and cut it out.

Continue until all of the picture has been divided.

I used Mod Podge to glue the photo onto the foam core.

This is what it looks like before you put it together.

It fits together like a 3D puzzle.

 Again I used Mod Podge to hold it together.

It's such a fun way to display your photos.

4 comments:

Tina said...

Love this idea...might have to 'steal' it for one of my layouts... :)

Katrina said...

This is awesome! I <3 the 3D effect

Tina said...

hey....we need to think of a catchy name for the headband idea...I'd like to launch on our blogs next week...any ideas??

Holli and Billy said...

I seriously LOVE this idea!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...