Sunday, June 12, 2011

buddha for the nursery . . .

Remember when you were little and you would try to imagine what shape the clouds looked like?  Well, this painting would be perfect in a nursery so your little one can look up at the sky from their bed.

I started with these simple wooden cutouts from the craft store . . . 

 and painted them white.

On a canvas I applied white paint and two different blues.

Mix it right on the canvas, the variations in the blue work really well for the sky.

Leave the bottom third white.

Apply green and white paint . . .

you can mix these right on the canvas too . . .

with big strokes, pull the green paint up from the bottom.  Give the paint plenty of time to dry.

I used Mod Podge to glue the wooden pieces onto the canvas.

With a Sharpie I wrote "tilt your head back and laugh at the sky".  Just what every nursery needs, a little Buddha to compliment the Pottery Barn Kids.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ok, I think this might be my favorite EVER!

Erika and Bryan said...

Heather this is so cute. I love it.

Holli and Billy said...

That is such a cute idea! I painted a canvas for Will's room, but it didn't turn out this cute!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...