Wednesday, May 18, 2011

photo tricks....

By changing your photographic perspective you can take some really cool and artistic pictures.  The above photo was taken in front of a tiny puddle.

Select your macro setting (this will allow the focus to be on whatever is on the ground in front of the camera).

Set your self timer.

Place it on the ground, start the timer and . . .

RUN . . . jump in front of the camera about 8 feet away.

You could take a family photo like this, or pictures of your kids (they will think it's so much fun running back and forth).  Of course the street is not an ideal location for kids, but a garden pathway would be great.


A special thanks to my handy assistant Erika for making sure I did not get hit by any passing cars!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Freaking fantastic!

Mary Sellers said...

So cute Heather I love it. Also what the heck am I supposed to do with the envelope of stuff?

Erika and Bryan said...

Anytime!!! It was a lot of fun, and I love the post.

veryheatherly said...

Dear Mary Sellers,
I want to see some creativity, young lady! :-) Do something sculptural w/ all the supplies! I picked the most random objects I could find... there's no wrong answer! I can't wait to see what you create. Do your homework first though :-)

Anonymous said...

Shut the front door, all the girls at work yesterday were trying to figure out how you took that road picture!

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for sharing how you took that picture, I bet there were so many people out in the road tonight snapping a shot of their own.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...