Sunday, March 20, 2011

recycle, re-use, re-purpose...

It's officially Spring and this cute and cheap little birdie is a great project to do with your kids.

Grab some old towels and washcloths and save them from their imminent demise as cleaning rags.

I folded this hand towel in half and cut off a corner to make the body of the bird.

The little wings were clipped off the corners of this old washcloth.

Fold the wings over and place them on the sides of the towel.

Cover with the other half.

Pin them together in the shape of an oval.

Sew around the edges and be sure to leave a 2" opening on the bottom.

Cut the corners off.

Stuff the little guy.  I like to recycle the batting from old pillows on small projects like this.

I cut a small corner for the beak,

and hand sewed it on, with a dot of black acrylic paint for the eyes.

Then I used some of the serged edges for little bird legs.

Tuck them into the 2" opening and sew together...and you're done!

So cute!

1 comment:

Mary Sellers said...

Heather me and my mom don't know how you come up with these things. They are the cutest. I love the little birdie. Keep up the good work and cute crafts.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...